Sunday, November 15, 2009

Wanna see a ferret?

Weekend highlights:
  • Eating pounds upon pounds of soul food with Ashley. Passing four old men on our walk home who were strolling down the street singing "My Girl" in PERFECT harmonies. I think it may have actually been The Temptations.
  • Rachel and Brian showing up on my doorstep, the drunkest people alive, at 2:30am after slugging a magnum of lukewarm white wine in the middle of Jim's Steaks. I slept in the living room and found them on Sunday morning sleeping on the floor of my bedroom, with no blankets or pillows, because they were worried about making my bed smell like cheese steaks.
  • Brian stepping in a homeless woman's feces. The subsequent dry heaving that resulted from all.
  • Watching a runaway horse carriage in old city, like a scene from Gladiator.
  • Strolling through the frozen food section of BJs with Erin when a little boy came over to me and whispered, "Hey miss... want to see a ferret?" "Duh," I replied. And with that, he opens the top of his bag... in it is a ferret tucked in a plush little ferret bed.

2 comments:

  1. How do you even get yourself into these situations?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The runaway horse was scary enough - I can't believe you then saw a ferret up-close later the same day. You are like Ace Ventura, drawing the animal kingdom to you. Yiiikes. :)

    ReplyDelete