Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hey doll!

I had a lovely conversation with the receptionist at work today. Her name is Marie and I think I'm in love with her. She's about 70 and refers to herself as "Re-Re" (seriously). She calls me "doll," and I like to think that that's her pet name for me and she never uses it on anyone else. The conversation went as follows:

Re-Re: Hey doll! Do you like boxed wine?

Me: I sure do! I like to swirl a nice Franzia around my tongue every once and awhile.

Re-Re: Oh doll, I just love it! I think I'm going to get some tonight!

Me: Try the Sunset Blush. It's delicious.

That is, no joke, the exact same conversation we had about three months ago. Re-Re really likes her boxed wine.

1 comment:

  1. i've met re-re - she's quite a lady. Tom Jones could write a song about her.

    ReplyDelete